Wedbush Reiterates Neutral on Williams-Sonoma (WSM)
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush reiterated a Neutral rating and $53.00 price target on Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) following an email promotions analysis. The analysis indicates higher promotional intensity y/y at the core Pottery Barn (PB) and Williams-Sonoma (WS) brands from 3Q16 to date.
Analyst Seth Basham commented, "Analysis of email promotions in 3Q16 to date indicates much higher promotional intensity y/y at the core Pottery Barn (PB) and Williams-Sonoma (WS) brands. Not only did the frequency of email offers skyrocket to potentially overwhelming levels, but the number of days of “blanket” 20% off entire order promotions also jumped. At the same time, free shipping offers increased and the company recently introduced flat rate furniture shipping. While the company’s 3Q16 guidance embeds only sequentially flattish comps on a two-year stacked basis and a y/y decline in operating margins, more aggressive promotions and a softer demand environment point to more downside than upside risk to our and consensus estimates, in our view."
Shares of Williams-Sonoma closed at $50.28 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!