Wedbush Reiterates Neutral on Williams-Sonoma (WSM)
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wedbush reiterated a Neutral rating and $53.00 price target on Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) following an email promotions analysis. The analysis indicates higher promotional intensity y/y at the core Pottery Barn (PB) and Williams-Sonoma (WS) brands from 3Q16 to date.
Analyst Seth Basham commented, "Analysis of email promotions in 3Q16 to date indicates much higher promotional intensity y/y at the core Pottery Barn (PB) and Williams-Sonoma (WS) brands. Not only did the frequency of email offers skyrocket to potentially overwhelming levels, but the number of days of “blanket” 20% off entire order promotions also jumped. At the same time, free shipping offers increased and the company recently introduced flat rate furniture shipping. While the company’s 3Q16 guidance embeds only sequentially flattish comps on a two-year stacked basis and a y/y decline in operating margins, more aggressive promotions and a softer demand environment point to more downside than upside risk to our and consensus estimates, in our view."
Shares of Williams-Sonoma closed at $50.28 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Jefferies Downgrades Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) to Hold
- Deutsche Bank Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) to $44; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!