Wedbush Raises Price Target on Urban Outfitters (URBN) to $34; Reiterates Neutral
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wedbush reiterated a Neutral rating on Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ: URBN), and raised the price target to $34.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Top-line growth at Urban Outfitters benefited from a significant shift to exclusive/proprietary product. Customers responded to exclusive styles from adidas, Wrangler, Fila, and Calvin Klein.
Analyst Morry Brown commented, "With an impressive top and bottom line beat, the URBN narrative has shifted to one of offense (executives even fielded a question on the conference call asking when they might feel comfortable increasing inventory buys). UO is the farthest along, with 2Q comps reaching +MSD (despite a tough May), margin rates nearing peak and executives highlighting an improving fashion environment that should benefit 2H16. Anthro’s results were most surprising, as the division generated higher YOY segment margins despite negative comps and softness in apparel. With expectations rising following the 2Q beat, and margin rates now baking in YOY improvement, we suspect the next leg in the stock will be determined by the pace of Anthro’s return to positive comps."
Shares of Urban Outfitters, Inc. closed at $31.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Electronics for Imaging (EFII) Following Solid 3Q
- UBS Remains Sidelined on Kindred Healthcare (KND) Ahead of 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!