Wedbush Raises Price Target on TJX Cos. (TJX) to $85 Following 3Q Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX), and raised the price target to $85.00 (from $84.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJX reported 3Q16 EPS of $0.91, $0.04 above consensus and guidance of $0.83-$0.85. TJX raised FY guidance to $3.46-$3.48 up from $3.39-$3.43. Management guided 4Q EPS to a range of $0.96-$0.98, below consensus of $1.02.
Analyst Morry Brown commented, "TJX continues to deliver, strong trends expected to continue into 4Q; off-price remains Amazon proof. 3Q results reinforce our positive long-term view that the off-price business model is one of the few in retail that can grow market share in an Amazon-dominated landscape. In the near term, trends for Holiday should remain strong, as the off-price market is seeing plenty of availability (based on comments from TJX, VFC and others) while department stores enter Holiday in a much improved position YOY. We believe this sets up a positive backdrop for 4Q. We expect ongoing SSS outperformance versus peers and continue to rate TJX OUTPERFORM."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $73.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!