Wedbush Raises Price Target on TJX Cos. (TJX) to $85 Following 3Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX), and raised the price target to $85.00 (from $84.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJX reported 3Q16 EPS of $0.91, $0.04 above consensus and guidance of $0.83-$0.85. TJX raised FY guidance to $3.46-$3.48 up from $3.39-$3.43. Management guided 4Q EPS to a range of $0.96-$0.98, below consensus of $1.02.
Analyst Morry Brown commented, "TJX continues to deliver, strong trends expected to continue into 4Q; off-price remains Amazon proof. 3Q results reinforce our positive long-term view that the off-price business model is one of the few in retail that can grow market share in an Amazon-dominated landscape. In the near term, trends for Holiday should remain strong, as the off-price market is seeing plenty of availability (based on comments from TJX, VFC and others) while department stores enter Holiday in a much improved position YOY. We believe this sets up a positive backdrop for 4Q. We expect ongoing SSS outperformance versus peers and continue to rate TJX OUTPERFORM."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $73.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!