Wedbush Raises Price Target on Splunk (SPLK) to $70 Ahead of 2Q Report
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating on Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $60.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings release. SPLK will report earnings on Thursday, August 25th AMC, followed by a conference call at 3:30 pm. Revenue estimates of $210M are $10M above consensus and the high end of guidance. The EPS estimate of $0.04 is a penny above consensus.
Analyst Steve Koenig commented, "SPLK looks poised for another year of solid beats and revenue guidance increases, as supported by our reseller conversations this week. While the magnitude of the potential outperformance looks similar to last year, investors should expect that SPLK’s license revenue will start to decelerate into the 30% range this year (and the 20% range later next year), a result of SPLK’s larger size and the growth of Splunk Cloud, along with growing ratable revenue recognition. We think SPLK shares can continue to outperform if management provides clarity on this transition in a proactive fashion, which we expect it may do as early as the 2Q call next week, and maintains SPLK’s strong cash flow profile."
Shares of Splunk closed at $63.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) Following Announced Eagle Ford Shale Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!