Wedbush Raises Price Target on Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating on Citizens Financial Group (NYSE: CFG), and raised the price target to $30.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Core EPS of $0.52 beat the consensus estimate of $0.48. The beat was driven by a higher net interest income growth and a lower tax rate. Wedbush expects these trends to continue and if forecasting above-average EPS growth in 2017 and 2018 at 12% and 11%, respectively.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "CFG reported EPS of 0.56, which included a net $0.04 gain from several non-recurring items. Core EPS of $0.52 beat our EPS estimate of $0.49 and consensus of $0.48. The $0.03 beat relative to our estimate was driven by higher net interest income growth and a lower tax rate of 30.7% vs. our forecast of 32.2%. Although the tax rate was lower than expected there are initiatives underway to permanently lower it, so we don’t view this as non-recurring."
Shares of Citizens Financial Group closed at $25.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!