Wedbush Raises Price Target on Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating on Citizens Financial Group (NYSE: CFG), and raised the price target to $30.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Core EPS of $0.52 beat the consensus estimate of $0.48. The beat was driven by a higher net interest income growth and a lower tax rate. Wedbush expects these trends to continue and if forecasting above-average EPS growth in 2017 and 2018 at 12% and 11%, respectively.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "CFG reported EPS of 0.56, which included a net $0.04 gain from several non-recurring items. Core EPS of $0.52 beat our EPS estimate of $0.49 and consensus of $0.48. The $0.03 beat relative to our estimate was driven by higher net interest income growth and a lower tax rate of 30.7% vs. our forecast of 32.2%. Although the tax rate was lower than expected there are initiatives underway to permanently lower it, so we don’t view this as non-recurring."
Shares of Citizens Financial Group closed at $25.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!