Wedbush Raises PT on GoPro (GPRO) to $17.50 Following HERO5s and Karma Drone Unveils
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst Nick McKay reiterated an Outperform rating and boosted his price target on GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) to $17.50 (from $14.50) after the company unveiled the HERO5 camera and Karma drone. The analyst called it a compelling feature set, suggesting the products were worth the wait.
McKay commented, " After a series of missteps over the last six quarters, including the weak HERO4 Session launch, no HERO5 launch last year, a negative pre-announcement in January, and the earlier Karma delay, 2H:16 may be an inflection point. Given its history of innovation, GoPro may overcome its doubters and see upside if the HERO5s and Karma drone are well-received."
The analyst said much like the two new cameras, the Karma drone's appeal is due to its (apparent) simplicity. "The drone fits in a portable backpack, is backward compatible, and uses a game-style controller, instructional tutorials, and four Auto Shot Paths to make video capture more straightforward," he notes. "Our FY:16 and FY:17 unit shipment estimates for Karma of 150,000 and 500,000 may prove conservative."
Shares of GoPro closed at $15.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Pepsi (PEP) Following Solid 3Q
- UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) at Buy
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Trinity Industries (TRN) to $21; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!