Wedbush Raises PT on GoPro (GPRO) to $17.50 Following HERO5s and Karma Drone Unveils
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush analyst Nick McKay reiterated an Outperform rating and boosted his price target on GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) to $17.50 (from $14.50) after the company unveiled the HERO5 camera and Karma drone. The analyst called it a compelling feature set, suggesting the products were worth the wait.
McKay commented, " After a series of missteps over the last six quarters, including the weak HERO4 Session launch, no HERO5 launch last year, a negative pre-announcement in January, and the earlier Karma delay, 2H:16 may be an inflection point. Given its history of innovation, GoPro may overcome its doubters and see upside if the HERO5s and Karma drone are well-received."
The analyst said much like the two new cameras, the Karma drone's appeal is due to its (apparent) simplicity. "The drone fits in a portable backpack, is backward compatible, and uses a game-style controller, instructional tutorials, and four Auto Shot Paths to make video capture more straightforward," he notes. "Our FY:16 and FY:17 unit shipment estimates for Karma of 150,000 and 500,000 may prove conservative."
Shares of GoPro closed at $15.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!