Wedbush Downgrades Prosperity Bancshares (PB) to Underperform
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush downgraded Prosperity Bancshares (NYSE: PB) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $58.00 (from $54.00) on slow organic growth and valuation.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "We are downgrading PB to UNDERPERFORM from NEUTRAL based on slow organic growth and valuation as fundamentals remain decent and the company should incrementally benefit from Trump tailwinds, including potentially higher interest rates, improved loan growth, and lower corporate taxes. However, absent the Trump benefits, PB’s loan growth has been anemic and the company’s reliance on acquisitions is beginning to show as we expect PB to deliver the slowest EPS growth of our covered Texas banks with growth of 4% and 5% in 2017 and 2018, respectively, vs. peer growth of 9% and 8%, respectively."
Shares of Prosperity Bancshares closed at $64.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!