Wedbush Downgrades Lowe's (LOW) to Neutral
- Wall Street falls ahead of inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush downgraded Lowe's (NYSE: LOW) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $73.00 (from $84.00).
Analyst Seth Basham commented, " While we believe the housing cycle still has legs, the best is likely behind us. A bevy of negative data points suggest a modest slowdown in underlying home improvement sales growth ahead, while near-term trends are under more significant pressure due to weaker consumer confidence possibly associated with election uncertainty, increased promotions and tough weatherdriven comparisons. At the same time, LOW’s operational and merchandising momentum may have slowed, making it challenging to close the comp and margin gap with HD, which we believe is key for relative share price outperformance. While some of this sentiment is already reflected in LOW shares, we see more limited room for outperformance for LOW shares, leading us to downgrade our rating to NEUTRAL from OUTPERFORM, reduce our estimates below consensus and company guidance and lower our price target from $84 to $73."
Shares of Lowe's closed at $68.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL) to Sell, Says "We are the only Sell rating on the street"
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $144 at FBR Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!