Wedbush Downgrades Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) to Underperform
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush downgraded Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE: CFR) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $78.00 (from $72.00) on valuation.
Analyst Peter Winter commented, "We are downgrading CFR to UNDERPERFORM from NEUTRAL based on valuation as fundamentals remain decent and the company should incrementally benefit from Trump tailwinds, including potentially higher interest rates and improved loan growth. However, despite being in position to benefit from the Trump tailwinds, we expect CFR’s EPS to benefit less than the other Texas banks when we conducted a pro forma EPS analysis that incorporates potential benefits. In particular, given CFR’s already low tax rate we do not expect significant improvement if the corporate tax rate were to actually decline to 15% as Trump has outlined as its tax rate is already very low at 12%. We believe the company’s valuation more than fully reflects the potential benefits of Trump’s policies and the improvement in energy credits."
Shares of Cullen/Frost Bankers closed at $82.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- PTC Inc. (PTC) PT Raised to $60 at Citi; Reiterates Buy
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Moog (MOG-A) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!