Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush maintained a Neutral rating on Genuine Parts (NYSE: GPC), and cut the price target to $95.00 (from $98.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. GPC noted that the comp performance gap between weather-impacted regions including the Northeast and Central remained in same 400 bps range noted in 2Q, but that gap narrowed significantly in September to help improve GPC’s comp trend by an estimated 200-300 bps.
Analyst Seth Basham commented, "GPC missed 3Q expectations on the top and bottom line and in each of its operating segments and reduced FY16 guidance. With sales trends improving in September in Auto (slightly positive comps vs. –LSD comps in July and August) and Industrial, as well as easier comparisons in 4Q vs. 3Q of 300 bps in Auto comps and 400 bps in Industrial organic sales growth, there is reason for cautious optimism for better sales growth in 4Q. We believe that is adequately reflected in updated guidance, suggesting balanced risk/reward for GPC shares near-term. We reduce our estimates and price target and remain NEUTRAL on GPC."
Shares of Genuine Parts closed at $92.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!