Wedbush Comments on Gap (GPS) June Sales; Analyst Says Risks Will Linger into H2
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
Wedbush maintained a Neutral rating on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) with a price target of $44. Comments follow June sales numbers.
Analyst Morry Brown"GPS’s -2% comp for June fell short of consensus estimates for a +0.7% increase, in a month that most peers (3 of the other 4 monthly reporters) beat consensus. Gap’s -7% comp came in well below consensus of -0.7%. BR also comped -7% versus consensus of +2.3%. Old Navy was the lone bright spot, with a +7% comp against a +0.1% consensus forecast."
"Sales at Gap slowed meaningfully, as the -7% comp was a 400 bps deceleration from May, or 700 bps on a two-year stack basis. In addition to poor merchandise execution, executives believe timing of website clearance activity (which was started a week after the company began messaging sales in stores) also held back sales. We are focused on the merchandising challenges, and June results reinforce our concern there is risk that current issues linger into 2H," added the analyst.
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $40.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gap (GPS) Estimates Cut at Janney Capital Posts Q4
- Gap, Inc. (GPS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c, FY EPS Guidance Misses
- Aruba Networks (ARUN) PT Raised to $26 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!