Wedbush Comments on Gap (GPS) June Sales; Analyst Says Risks Will Linger into H2
- Twitter (TWTR) Sees Rollercoaster Ride Following Earnings, User Growth Commentary
- Market Wrap: Markets Rebound on Easing China Fears; Consumer Confidence Slips in July; Twitter Outperforms in Q2
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/28: (RUBI) (BWLD) (CTXS) Higher; (YELP) (AKAM) (TWTR) Lower (more...)
- Yelp (YELP) Misses Q2 EPS by 3c, Q3 & FY Guidance Falls Short
- Wall Street bounces back after five-day selloff
Wedbush maintained a Neutral rating on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) with a price target of $44. Comments follow June sales numbers.
Analyst Morry Brown"GPS’s -2% comp for June fell short of consensus estimates for a +0.7% increase, in a month that most peers (3 of the other 4 monthly reporters) beat consensus. Gap’s -7% comp came in well below consensus of -0.7%. BR also comped -7% versus consensus of +2.3%. Old Navy was the lone bright spot, with a +7% comp against a +0.1% consensus forecast."
"Sales at Gap slowed meaningfully, as the -7% comp was a 400 bps deceleration from May, or 700 bps on a two-year stack basis. In addition to poor merchandise execution, executives believe timing of website clearance activity (which was started a week after the company began messaging sales in stores) also held back sales. We are focused on the merchandising challenges, and June results reinforce our concern there is risk that current issues linger into 2H," added the analyst.
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $40.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corning (GLW) PT, Estimates Cut at Cantor Fitzgerald Post Q2
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Carmike Cinemas (CKEC) to $35 Following 2Q EPS Beat
- RPM International (RPM) PT, Estimates Lowered at Piper Jaffray
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!