Walgreens Boosts Alliance (WBA) New Program a Positive Indicator Rite Aid (RAD) Deal to Close - Leerink
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst David Larsen notes Walgreens Boosts Alliance (NASDAQ: WBA) announced a new 90-day adherence program to improve adherence and outcomes among patients with chronic conditions. He sees this as a positive indicator for the Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) deal close.
Larsen ntoes vailable to EnvisionRx clients, Rx90 gives patients the option to fill 90-day prescriptions at Walgreens pharmacies nationwide for the equivalent price as home delivery through EnvisionPharmacies' mail service. We estimate that this is one of the only PBM programs in existence - other than Maintenance Choice - that prices a 90-day supply of RX at retail, the same as the mail price.
"We believe that WBA and Envision are likely willing to enter into this type of deal because both parties may have high conviction that the WBA/RAD transaction will close," he said.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $95 on WBA.
Shares of Walgreens Boosts Alliance closed at $81.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Peltz's Trian Said to Have Large Stake in Honeywell (HON) - Unconfirmed Market Chatter
- JD.com (JD) on Watch Amid Unconfirmed Market Chatter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!