Walgreens Boosts Alliance (WBA) New Program a Positive Indicator Rite Aid (RAD) Deal to Close - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst David Larsen notes Walgreens Boosts Alliance (NASDAQ: WBA) announced a new 90-day adherence program to improve adherence and outcomes among patients with chronic conditions. He sees this as a positive indicator for the Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) deal close.
Larsen ntoes vailable to EnvisionRx clients, Rx90 gives patients the option to fill 90-day prescriptions at Walgreens pharmacies nationwide for the equivalent price as home delivery through EnvisionPharmacies' mail service. We estimate that this is one of the only PBM programs in existence - other than Maintenance Choice - that prices a 90-day supply of RX at retail, the same as the mail price.
"We believe that WBA and Envision are likely willing to enter into this type of deal because both parties may have high conviction that the WBA/RAD transaction will close," he said.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $95 on WBA.
Shares of Walgreens Boosts Alliance closed at $81.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baird Recommends Buying SolarCity (SCTY) as a Trade, Expects Tesla (TSLA) Deal to Close
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on B&G Foods (BGS) Following Announced Acquisition
- salesforce.com (CRM) Considers Twitter (TWTR) Takeover, Process in Early Stage - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!