Walgreens (WBA) Looks to Copy ULTA's (ULTA) Sucess with Rewards Program - Oppenheimer
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
On 10/2, Walgreens officially launched a new beauty rewards program. "Beauty Enthusiasts" earn 5,000 points for every $50 spent on beauty products.
Parikh commented, "An important part of ULTA's success in recent years has been its ability to connect directly with consumers through its loyalty program, targeted emails/promotions, and monthly mailers. As a platinum member, we have seen first-hand the power of this program through platinum perks such as 20% off, birthday gifts, and vendor-specific offers. We believe ULTA's first-mover advantage and differentiated product selection in both mass and prestige should help to maintain its leading position. We plan to watch Walgreens' efforts closely, but think it likely captures more spend within the drugstore channel if successful vs. encroaching on ULTA's territory."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $300 ON WBA.
Shares of ULTA Salon closed at $237.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!