Walgreens (WBA) Looks to Copy ULTA's (ULTA) Sucess with Rewards Program - Oppenheimer
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
On 10/2, Walgreens officially launched a new beauty rewards program. "Beauty Enthusiasts" earn 5,000 points for every $50 spent on beauty products.
Parikh commented, "An important part of ULTA's success in recent years has been its ability to connect directly with consumers through its loyalty program, targeted emails/promotions, and monthly mailers. As a platinum member, we have seen first-hand the power of this program through platinum perks such as 20% off, birthday gifts, and vendor-specific offers. We believe ULTA's first-mover advantage and differentiated product selection in both mass and prestige should help to maintain its leading position. We plan to watch Walgreens' efforts closely, but think it likely captures more spend within the drugstore channel if successful vs. encroaching on ULTA's territory."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $300 ON WBA.
Shares of ULTA Salon closed at $237.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Deutsche Bank Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) to $44; Reiterates Buy
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!