Wal-mart (WMT): Making The Difficult Choices - RBC
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, Scot Ciccarelli, reiterated his Underperform rating on shares of Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) and cut his price target to $75 from $76 as the company continues to spend heavily on people, processes, and technology to improve its long-term strategic positioning.
While it is difficult to move a ship this large, the analyst feels the company is making intelligent moves, including investing in e-commerce and moderating store growth. Unfortunately, the analyst expects these investments to continue to weigh on earnings growth for the foreseeable future, creating headwinds for WMT shares.
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $69.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $90
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!