Wal-mart (WMT): Making The Difficult Choices - RBC
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, Scot Ciccarelli, reiterated his Underperform rating on shares of Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) and cut his price target to $75 from $76 as the company continues to spend heavily on people, processes, and technology to improve its long-term strategic positioning.
While it is difficult to move a ship this large, the analyst feels the company is making intelligent moves, including investing in e-commerce and moderating store growth. Unfortunately, the analyst expects these investments to continue to weigh on earnings growth for the foreseeable future, creating headwinds for WMT shares.
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $69.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!