Wal-mart (WMT): Guide Down Possible At Upcoming Analyst Day - Buckingham
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Buckingham Research analyst, John Zolidis, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) and his $70 price target (representing 3% downside) ahead of next week's meetings and presentations.
The analyst expects the event to feature bullish commentary on the reaction to recent labor investments and discussion of further investing in the business on both the store and digital side. He also expects the company to continue the message around price investments, which are being enabled by the current deflationary environment. However, taking recent trends and expectations for further investment into account, the analyst believes the company could guide below current Street forecasts for FY17.
The take-away from the event is likely to be mixed in terms of whether WMT can translate its modest top-line success back into EPS growth during the foreseeable future.
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $72.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Baxter (BAX) PT, Estimates Raised at Evercore ISI
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBuckingham Research
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!