Wal-mart (WMT): Guide Down Possible At Upcoming Analyst Day - Buckingham
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Buckingham Research analyst, John Zolidis, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) and his $70 price target (representing 3% downside) ahead of next week's meetings and presentations.
The analyst expects the event to feature bullish commentary on the reaction to recent labor investments and discussion of further investing in the business on both the store and digital side. He also expects the company to continue the message around price investments, which are being enabled by the current deflationary environment. However, taking recent trends and expectations for further investment into account, the analyst believes the company could guide below current Street forecasts for FY17.
The take-away from the event is likely to be mixed in terms of whether WMT can translate its modest top-line success back into EPS growth during the foreseeable future.
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $72.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades CEB Inc (CEB) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBuckingham Research
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!