Wal-mart (WMT): Guidance Cut Coming - UBS
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Laser, reiterated his Neutral on shares of Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) ahead of the company's analyst meeting.
Last year, the company anticipated low single digit EPS growth in FY’18 but the analyst thinks that expectation is likely to be reduced and management will point to FY’19 as the year when its EPS inflects higher.
The analyst stated "There are a number of moving pieces that have impacted WMT’s EPS outlook in the last few Qs. Between FX, the Jet acquisition, and store closures, it should see a $0.20 to $0.25 EPS drag. The key in our view is whether it can sustain its top-line momentum as it invests further in prices & harvests a return on its labor investments. With the shares trading at 17x EPS & 8x EBITDA, the market already appears pretty optimistic".
No change to the price target of $73.
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $70.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!