Wal-mart (WMT): Guidance Cut Coming - UBS
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Laser, reiterated his Neutral on shares of Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) ahead of the company's analyst meeting.
Last year, the company anticipated low single digit EPS growth in FY’18 but the analyst thinks that expectation is likely to be reduced and management will point to FY’19 as the year when its EPS inflects higher.
The analyst stated "There are a number of moving pieces that have impacted WMT’s EPS outlook in the last few Qs. Between FX, the Jet acquisition, and store closures, it should see a $0.20 to $0.25 EPS drag. The key in our view is whether it can sustain its top-line momentum as it invests further in prices & harvests a return on its labor investments. With the shares trading at 17x EPS & 8x EBITDA, the market already appears pretty optimistic".
No change to the price target of $73.
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $70.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Starts Wal-Mart (WMT) at Neutral
- Wal-mart (WMT) Declines to Comment on 'Speculation' of Sam's Club Spin-Off
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!