Viavi Solutions (VIAV): Tough Choices Ahead, Looking Like a Transition Year - Needham
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) after Viavi reported a solid quarter and offered an in-line guide for the September FY1Q17 quarter.
Viavi is planning an analyst day in mid-September and the analyst is expecting the relatively new management team to lay out its plans for the troubled Service Enablement unit. Remediating the steep losses in the SE Growth units is a big opportunity. The question is whether management will make the hard decisions and aggressively prune these businesses back. He estimates they are losing a significant $0.30+ per share.
The analyst thinks they will likely gradually address this issue in FY17 and FY18. As the high-margin OSP business eases back from a spike in FY16 and the SE high-margin legacy continues to decline at a 30% pace, the June FY17 fiscal year looks like a transition year.
Shares of Viavi Solutions closed at $7.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!