Viavi Solutions (VIAV): Tough Choices Ahead, Looking Like a Transition Year - Needham
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Alex Henderson, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) after Viavi reported a solid quarter and offered an in-line guide for the September FY1Q17 quarter.
Viavi is planning an analyst day in mid-September and the analyst is expecting the relatively new management team to lay out its plans for the troubled Service Enablement unit. Remediating the steep losses in the SE Growth units is a big opportunity. The question is whether management will make the hard decisions and aggressively prune these businesses back. He estimates they are losing a significant $0.30+ per share.
The analyst thinks they will likely gradually address this issue in FY17 and FY18. As the high-margin OSP business eases back from a spike in FY16 and the SE high-margin legacy continues to decline at a 30% pace, the June FY17 fiscal year looks like a transition year.
Shares of Viavi Solutions closed at $7.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on AXT, Inc. (AXTI) Following 3Q Beat and Guidance
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Shutterfly (SFLY) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!