Viavi Solutions (VIAV): Service Provider Market Remains A Problem - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Alex Henderson, reiterated his Hold rating on Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) and believes the company has made it pretty clear that the Service Provider spending looks soft, and the recent M&A activity in the space is making this weakness likely persistent into CY1H17.
This is not a Viavi-specific problem but a broad one for all Service Provider oriented companies. That said, Viavi is heavily skewed to these Service Providers.
Investors in VIAV are likely to see some share price stability from $115MM left on the $150MM buyback. Viavi has 3.4MM shares of LITE left, down from 12MM at the spin. On OSP, Viavi lowered expectations for the next several quarters as programs have stretched. Longer term, the OSP outlook remains healthy.
The analyst does not have a published price target on shares of VIAV.
Shares of Viavi Solutions closed at $7.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- Needham & Company Downgrades Vascular Solutions (VASC) to Hold Amid Takeover
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!