Viacom (VIAB): Merger With CBS Is Back On The Table - BMO
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Daniel Salomon, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB) as the announcement should allow Viacom to resume more normal operations after deteriorating over the past few quarters. The legal battles over governance have held up completion of SVOD agreements and have likely held up negotiations to distribute networks in certain skinny bundles or move on a potential minority investment in Paramount. What doesn't change is Viacom's ratings challenges and weak hand in negotiating network distribution, both in traditional and OTT packages.
The analyst believes that the announcement does not preclude a potential re-merger with CBS but press reports have also suggested CBS CEO Les Moonves may be tapped as CEO of both companies and it is unclear if they meant as separate entities or remerged. The analyst thinks "the possibility of a re-merger with CBS is on the table".
No change to the price target of $40.
Shares of Viacom closed at $43.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!