Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Reducing Estimates But See Upside To Lower Expectations - Jefferies
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, Brian Abrahams, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) but cut his price target to $104 from $107 on recent commentary regarding Rx refill lags leading the company to formally reduce its '16 Orkambi guidance.
The Orkambi slowdown adds to concerns about perceived benefit/risk and increases dependence on '661 and the 3x combo. However, the analyst is confident that VRTX will grow the opportunity with these future offerings. Orkambi's 6-11yo CF approval, while widely expected, does at least opens door for some add'l Orkambi growth beyond 3Q.
Shares of Vertex closed at $88.84 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Newell Brands (NWL): Cutting PT - Jefferies
- Lululemon (LULU) Q3 'Solid Beat Across the Board', PT to $82 - Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!