Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Recent Weakness Skews Risk/Reward To Favorable - Jefferies
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Brian Abrahams, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) on the belief that the recent Orkambi launch slowdown and concerns over a no next-gen corrector news are overdone.
The analyst believes that the share price does not fully reflect 1) the potential for cash flow expansion through 3x-combos which should ultimately work, 2) a leadership position and barrier to entry for future competitors, and 3) leverage even if there are stumbles.
The analyst perceives the upside/downside scenarios as favorably skewed at (~50%/13%), creating a highly attractive entry point.
price target of $105.00
Shares of Vertex closed at $80.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Parker-Hannifin (PH) Ahead of Acquisition Close
- Jefferies Maintains Bullish View on Ra Pharma (RARX) Following ASH Management Meeting
- Instinet Upgrades McDonald's (MCD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!