Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Many Shots on Goal But Uncertain Safety Limits Upside - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) but cut his price target to $111 from $112 after the company reported Q3 results but, more importantly, disclosed their long anticipated phase II development plans for their “triple” combination for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF).
The company's operating performance was just under consensus (-1%) for revenue and $0.02 below consensus (-9%) for earnings (-6%). These results were largely in line with expectations, which had previously been lowered following the company’s disclosure in September that US Orkambi sales had faltered during the summer. The company maintained their guidance for the year and indicated that they have wide boundaries for revenue results for 2017 depending on the progress of reimbursement negotiations for Orkambi in many ex-US markets.
The company’s phase II plan disclosure was positive at first, but will have left investors with questions about the quality of the company’s first couple of “shots on goal” for their triple.
Shares of Vertex closed at $78.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!