Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Kalydeco Miss Is Not A Game Changer - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, Brian Abrahams, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) after the company announced that '661/Kalydeco missed on its interim efficacy analysis in het/min CF patients.
Success would have created an opportunity to reach this large subpopulation with the dual combo and reaffirmed '661's activity (given its importance as a backbone for the triple). However, the analyst believes expectations were low, and the event does not change his overall positive CF franchise view.
No change to the price target of $107.
Shares of Vertex closed at $102.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!