Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Kalydeco Miss Is Not A Game Changer - Jefferies
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, Brian Abrahams, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) after the company announced that '661/Kalydeco missed on its interim efficacy analysis in het/min CF patients.
Success would have created an opportunity to reach this large subpopulation with the dual combo and reaffirmed '661's activity (given its importance as a backbone for the triple). However, the analyst believes expectations were low, and the event does not change his overall positive CF franchise view.
No change to the price target of $107.
Shares of Vertex closed at $102.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Following Investor Event
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!