Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Focus on Cystic Fibrosis - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) noting that the near-term catalysts are dominated by VRTX second generation CF combination regimen of Vx-661/Ivacaftor, which the analyst regards as a $1.1bn incremental opportunity across four CF patient groups.
The company is running four phase 3 studies aimed at testing Vx-661/Ivacaftor in Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients stratified by mutational status. Data from these studies are expected to read out in the first half of next year. However, an interim futility analysis is currently underway in the het/min phase 3 study that represents the biggest opportunity, and also the biggest challenge to Vertex; we expect this interim read out this quarter (3Q16) and, consistent with the company’s commentary, see only a low probability of success for this trial (although the analysis is likely to lead to a continuation of the trial).
No change to the price target of $113.
Shares of Vertex closed at $101.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Recent Volatility Is a Buying Opportunity - Jefferies
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!