Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Cutting PT On Slower Orkambi Uptake - Baird
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Vertex's updated guidance shows slower ex-US uptake and lower compliance to Orkambi in the U.S. This knockdown of sales estimates is not entirely surprising given management's recent 'disclosure' of a slowdown in refills during the summer, but as a result, the analyst is taking down the price target to $115. He does see potential for Vertex to expand its stake in CF over the next few years with VX-661-based regimens.
This formal guidance adjustment comes after the company had already indicated that refills for Orkambi during the summer months of July and August were coming in slower than expected. FY16 Orkambi sales are expected to be $950-990M (down from $1-1.1B). Vertex is expecting 3Q16 Orkambi revenue to be $230-235M, sequentially down from last quarter's $245M.
Shares of Vertex closed at $88.84 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Customers Bancorp (CUBI) to $40; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Management Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!