Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Cutting PT On Slower Orkambi Uptake - Baird
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Vertex's updated guidance shows slower ex-US uptake and lower compliance to Orkambi in the U.S. This knockdown of sales estimates is not entirely surprising given management's recent 'disclosure' of a slowdown in refills during the summer, but as a result, the analyst is taking down the price target to $115. He does see potential for Vertex to expand its stake in CF over the next few years with VX-661-based regimens.
This formal guidance adjustment comes after the company had already indicated that refills for Orkambi during the summer months of July and August were coming in slower than expected. FY16 Orkambi sales are expected to be $950-990M (down from $1-1.1B). Vertex is expecting 3Q16 Orkambi revenue to be $230-235M, sequentially down from last quarter's $245M.
Shares of Vertex closed at $88.84 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Management Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!