Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Cutting PT On Slower Orkambi Uptake - Baird
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Vertex's updated guidance shows slower ex-US uptake and lower compliance to Orkambi in the U.S. This knockdown of sales estimates is not entirely surprising given management's recent 'disclosure' of a slowdown in refills during the summer, but as a result, the analyst is taking down the price target to $115. He does see potential for Vertex to expand its stake in CF over the next few years with VX-661-based regimens.
This formal guidance adjustment comes after the company had already indicated that refills for Orkambi during the summer months of July and August were coming in slower than expected. FY16 Orkambi sales are expected to be $950-990M (down from $1-1.1B). Vertex is expecting 3Q16 Orkambi revenue to be $230-235M, sequentially down from last quarter's $245M.
Shares of Vertex closed at $88.84 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $160 at Guggenheim
- PTC Inc. (PTC) PT Raised to $60 at Citi; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Management Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!