Vertex (VRTX) PT Bumped to $88 at BMO Capital Following Results and Triple Combo Update
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Do Kim bumped his price target on Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) to $88.00 (from $87.00) following results and the triple combo update but maintained a Market Perform rating.
Kim commented, " Vertex's 3Q16 was generally in line with expectations, as prior comments and revised guidance had previewed earnings ahead of print. More importantly, Phase II designs for the triple combo were outlined and differed significantly between the two next-gen correctors. Primarily driving this strategy was the unique safety profiles of the drugs, including potential teratogenicity for VX-440 and GI effects for VX-152. Additionally, we believe VRTX shares could face pressure this week as competitor data are presented at the NACFC meeting from October 27-29."
Shares of Vertex closed at $78.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!