Vertex (VRTX), BioMarin (BMRN), Intercept (ICPT), Others Highlighted as Targets at BMO Following PFE/MDVN
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kim issued a list of potential combination candidates in their coverage, using a 3-4x multiple on their peak revenue estimates, including: Vertex Pharma (NASDAQ: VRTX) and Ionis Pharma (NASDAQ: IONS) (covered by Kim group) and Alexion Pharma (NASDAQ: ALXN), AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS), BioMarin (NASDAQ: BMRN), Intercept Pharma (NASDAQ: ICPT), and Neurocrine Biosciences (NASDAQ: NBIX) (covered by Ian Somaiya).
"We believe these companies could potentially command a higher multiple given the limited number of late-stage clinical and commercial biotechs," he said.
Using the 3-4x peak revenue multiple, the firm's chart shows AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS), Intercept Pharma (NASDAQ: ICPT), and Neurocrine Biosciences (NASDAQ: NBIX) have the most potential upside in a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
- Accenture (ACN) to Acquire Seabury Group's Corporate Advisory and Aviation Consulting Business; Terms Not Disclosed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!