VeriSign (VRSN) Gains as Cowen Sees Better-than-Expected Qtr
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
VeriSign (NASDAQ: VRSN) is gaining sharply Friday after Cowen analyst Gregg Moskowitz said they estimate the company is tracking to ~1.1m net domain (.com/.net) adds for 3Q, and the quarter is tracking slightly above the high end of guidance.
Moskowitz commented, "Following a much better Aug., this places VRSN slightly above the high end of its guided range, and well above our 700k est. Separately, the DOJ posted a response to Senator Cruz's letter. While the language used was noncommittal, we believe it may indicate that a material adverse outcome for VRSN is not very likely to occur."
The firm maintained an Market Perform rating and price target of $80.00
Shares of VeriSign closed at $74.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Draconian Apple (AAPL) Case Suggests Limited Qualcomm (QCOM) Downside - Cowen
- Apple (AAPL) Suit Against Qualcomm (QCOM) Is Positive For Intel (INTC) - Cowen & Co.
- Jefferies Downgrades NantKwest (NK) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!