Valeant's (VRX) Amended Credit Agreement Seen as Positive - Morgan Stanley
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Morgan Stanley maintained an Overweight rating on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) with a price target of $42. Earlier the company announced that it has obtained the requisite lender approval for an amendment to its credit facility. Analyst David Risinger sees the news as a positive.
"In-line with our expectations, VRX amended its credit agreement and reduced the interest coverage ratio on its loans from 2.75x to 2.00x. The add'l 50bps of interest is immaterial, in our view. Net-net, we see the amendment as a positive that should lessen risk of further financial stress," said Risinger.
"The amendment only applies to Valeant's credit facility, which is mainly comprised of the company's term loans and revolver (i.e., bank debt, or secured debt). As of the latest quarter, Valeant had ~$12B of secured debt on its balance sheet, plus an additional ~$19B in senior notes (i.e., bonds). To lower the credit facility's interest coverage maintenance covenant from 2.75x to 2.00x, Valeant will pay an additional 50bps in interest on its secured debt (~$60M in additional interest), plus a one-time fee of 25bps on the aggregate principal (~$30M). The additional $60M of interest expense equates to a manageable $0.15/share, assuming a 15% non-GAAP tax rate and no change in current capital structure," added the analyst.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $30.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Talks to Sell Salix to Takeda for $10B Have Broken Down - DJ
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!