Valeant Pharma (VRX) EBITDA Was North of $1B, Which Was Better than Feared - Evecore ISI Raffat
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Evecore ISI analyst Umer Raffat weighed in on Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) quarter. He notes that based on his investor conversations, buyside sentiment had MASSIVELY shifted when the stock moved from ~$30 to <$20.
He said there was fears that Q3 EBITDA may be <$1B and that didn't happen - Valeant tracked at $1.16B.
He said the new 2016 EBITDA guidance ($4.25-$4.35B) appears a touch below consensus, "but even if you straight-line Q3 EBITDA into Q4, you get to consensus-like $4.4-4.5B (and recall there are price increases + more SG&A cuts in Q4)."
Elsewhere, he notes cash flow conversion better in Q3 vs Q2.
On products: Xifaxan tracked at $273M this quarter (vs $200-208M range for last quarters). In addition, new Xifaxan formulation entering Ph 3 in 2H17 as per slides (v impt from lifecycle mgmt/patent perspective). Also, Raffat notes they may be seeing early signs of improvement in derm: Jublia came out at $44M in Q3 (Vs $31M in Q2). On neuro/other, they saw sequential drops in Isuprel, Wellbutrin, Xenazine etc.
Shares of VRX are down 7.5% to $17.69 in pre-open trade.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Sees 'Encouraging' Short-Term Set-Up in Valeant (VRX)
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Pre Market Movers, Umer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!