Valeant Pharma (VRX) EBITDA Was North of $1B, Which Was Better than Feared - Evecore ISI Raffat
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Evecore ISI analyst Umer Raffat weighed in on Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) quarter. He notes that based on his investor conversations, buyside sentiment had MASSIVELY shifted when the stock moved from ~$30 to <$20.
He said there was fears that Q3 EBITDA may be <$1B and that didn't happen - Valeant tracked at $1.16B.
He said the new 2016 EBITDA guidance ($4.25-$4.35B) appears a touch below consensus, "but even if you straight-line Q3 EBITDA into Q4, you get to consensus-like $4.4-4.5B (and recall there are price increases + more SG&A cuts in Q4)."
Elsewhere, he notes cash flow conversion better in Q3 vs Q2.
On products: Xifaxan tracked at $273M this quarter (vs $200-208M range for last quarters). In addition, new Xifaxan formulation entering Ph 3 in 2H17 as per slides (v impt from lifecycle mgmt/patent perspective). Also, Raffat notes they may be seeing early signs of improvement in derm: Jublia came out at $44M in Q3 (Vs $31M in Q2). On neuro/other, they saw sequential drops in Isuprel, Wellbutrin, Xenazine etc.
Shares of VRX are down 7.5% to $17.69 in pre-open trade.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Oracle (ORCL): Earnings Preview, Checks Show Strong Cloud Revenue - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Pre Market Movers, Umer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!