Valeant Pharma (VRX): Yet Another Guidance Cut - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, David Steinberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) but cut his price target nearly in half to $22 from $40. While Q3 revs of $2.444B were just slightly (0.7%) below his est, EPS came in well below consensus ($1.55 vs $1.75) due to product mix & higher interest expense.
However, guidance was the focal point and lowered once again. The analyst thinks the biggest surprise was management's commentary that FY17 revs & EBITDA will be lower than current FY16 guidance. Management claims divestitures are not needed to maintain liquidity but will likely be key to NT performance.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $14.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!