Valeant Pharma (VRX): Yet Another Guidance Cut - Jefferies
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, David Steinberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) but cut his price target nearly in half to $22 from $40. While Q3 revs of $2.444B were just slightly (0.7%) below his est, EPS came in well below consensus ($1.55 vs $1.75) due to product mix & higher interest expense.
However, guidance was the focal point and lowered once again. The analyst thinks the biggest surprise was management's commentary that FY17 revs & EBITDA will be lower than current FY16 guidance. Management claims divestitures are not needed to maintain liquidity but will likely be key to NT performance.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $14.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!