Valeant Pharma (VRX): Yet Another Guidance Cut - Jefferies
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, David Steinberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) but cut his price target nearly in half to $22 from $40. While Q3 revs of $2.444B were just slightly (0.7%) below his est, EPS came in well below consensus ($1.55 vs $1.75) due to product mix & higher interest expense.
However, guidance was the focal point and lowered once again. The analyst thinks the biggest surprise was management's commentary that FY17 revs & EBITDA will be lower than current FY16 guidance. Management claims divestitures are not needed to maintain liquidity but will likely be key to NT performance.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $14.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- Valeant (VRX) Positive IDP-118 Trial Data Doesn't Change View - Mizuho
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!