Valeant Pharma (VRX), Other Pharma Stocks Weaker as Clinton Op-Ed Discusses Measures on Drug Prices
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX), Mallinckrodt (NYSE: MNK), Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ: HZNP), Mylan (NYSE: MYL) and other pharma stocks are weaker possibly as investors read into Hillary Clinton's comments in a NEJM op-ed overnight.
According to Evecore ISI's Umer Raffat, they key paragraph that all biopharma folks would care about:
Second, to directly address rising prescription drug costs, I will work to remove barriers to competition by streamlining approval of high-quality biosimilar and generic drugs. That includes proposals to ensure that drug companies justify their prices, eliminate "pay to delay" practices, and allow Medicare to directly negotiate for better prices. I will also create a new Federal consumer response team charged with identifying excessive price spikes in long-standing, life-saving treatments, and give them effective new tools to respond.
VRX is down 3.9%, MNK is down 3.8%, HZNP is down 2.9% and MYL is down 4.7%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Valeant Announces Third Quarter Financial Results Date And Conference Call Details
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!