Valeant Pharma (VRX), Other Pharma Stocks Weaker as Clinton Op-Ed Discusses Measures on Drug Prices
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX), Mallinckrodt (NYSE: MNK), Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ: HZNP), Mylan (NYSE: MYL) and other pharma stocks are weaker possibly as investors read into Hillary Clinton's comments in a NEJM op-ed overnight.
According to Evecore ISI's Umer Raffat, they key paragraph that all biopharma folks would care about:
Second, to directly address rising prescription drug costs, I will work to remove barriers to competition by streamlining approval of high-quality biosimilar and generic drugs. That includes proposals to ensure that drug companies justify their prices, eliminate "pay to delay" practices, and allow Medicare to directly negotiate for better prices. I will also create a new Federal consumer response team charged with identifying excessive price spikes in long-standing, life-saving treatments, and give them effective new tools to respond.
VRX is down 3.9%, MNK is down 3.8%, HZNP is down 2.9% and MYL is down 4.7%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Valeant Pharma (VRX) Moves Off Lows on Bill Miller Comments
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $140 at Guggenheim
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!