Valeant (VRX) Q3 a Mixed Bag, Guidance Cut on Higher Side of Expectations - BMO
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Gary Nachman weighed in on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) following mixed Q3 results and 2016 guidance reset.
Nachman commented, "VRX reported 3Q revenue of $2,480mn vs. our/consensus of $2,463/2,511mn. Adj. EPS was $1.55 vs. our/consensus of $1.65/1.75. The quarter was mixed, with a lot of moving parts. As expected, 2016 guidance was cut meaningfully as management is taking a more cautious view on the trajectory in the back half of the year. We maintain our Market Perform rating as it will take time to see how VRX executes even with the bar lowered."
The analyst said while investors have been anticipating a guidance cut, they think the magnitude is on the higher side of what most expected. 2016 revenue was lowered by $350-450mn (to $9.55-9.65bn from $9.9-10.1bn), adj. EBITDA was reduced by $550-600mn (to $4.25-4.35bn from $4.8-4.95bn) and adj. EPS came down significantly by $1.30-1.50 (to $5.30-5.50 from $6.60-7.00.
"We believe it was important for management to set a more realistic bar given all of the pressures in its business," he said.
The firm maintained an Market Perform rating and price target of $29.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $19.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Owens Corning (OC) at Buy
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Arista Networks (ANET) Following U.S. Customs and Border Protection Approval
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!