Valeant (VRX) Q3 a Mixed Bag, Guidance Cut on Higher Side of Expectations - BMO
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Gary Nachman weighed in on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) following mixed Q3 results and 2016 guidance reset.
Nachman commented, "VRX reported 3Q revenue of $2,480mn vs. our/consensus of $2,463/2,511mn. Adj. EPS was $1.55 vs. our/consensus of $1.65/1.75. The quarter was mixed, with a lot of moving parts. As expected, 2016 guidance was cut meaningfully as management is taking a more cautious view on the trajectory in the back half of the year. We maintain our Market Perform rating as it will take time to see how VRX executes even with the bar lowered."
The analyst said while investors have been anticipating a guidance cut, they think the magnitude is on the higher side of what most expected. 2016 revenue was lowered by $350-450mn (to $9.55-9.65bn from $9.9-10.1bn), adj. EBITDA was reduced by $550-600mn (to $4.25-4.35bn from $4.8-4.95bn) and adj. EPS came down significantly by $1.30-1.50 (to $5.30-5.50 from $6.60-7.00.
"We believe it was important for management to set a more realistic bar given all of the pressures in its business," he said.
The firm maintained an Market Perform rating and price target of $29.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $19.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Sees 'Encouraging' Short-Term Set-Up in Valeant (VRX)
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) PT Lowered to $99 at UBS Following 4Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!