Valeant (VRX) PT Bumped to $22 at Piper Jaffray; Keeps Lowest Rating
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst David Amsellem bumped his price target on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) to $22.00 (from $19.00) but maintained an Underweight rating following results and reaffirmed guidance, which the analyst said may be overly optimistic.
Amsellem commented, "Valeant reported 2Q16 non-GAAP diluted EPS of $1.40 on revenue of $2.42B, lighter than Street estimates. Management reiterated its 2016 guidance, which in our view may be overly optimistic. As such, we would not yet conclude that VRX is out of the woods with its creditors and certainly would not conclude that it is positioned for growth in the next 2-3 years at a minimum. Further, though VRX is looking for takers on assets that comprise over $2B in revenue and notably believes these divestitures could have an aggregate transaction value of around $8B, it is hard for us not to wonder if management and the Board is taking an overly sanguine view here (on what basis should we give VRX the benefit of the doubt?). We reiterate our Underweight rating and are raising our PT to $22 from $19, reflecting adjustments to our estimates."
The firm bumped FY 2016 EPS from $5.98 to $6.37 and FY 2017 EPS from $5.52 to $6.01.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $28.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!