Valeant (VRX) Miss and Guide Down Expected, But Magnitude Maybe Not - Mizuho
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities analyst Irina Koffler weighed in on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) after the 3Q:16 miss and lowered guide, which were widely expected but perhaps the magnitude was not.
Koffler commented, "Valeant reported $2.48B in revenues and non-GAAP EPS of $1.55 vs. $2.51B and $1.75 StreetAccount consensus and our estimates $2.44B and $1.63. As was widely expected. Valeant's new CFO cut FY:16 guidance to $9.55-$9.65B in revenues and EPS of $5.30-$5.50 from previous ranges $9.9-$10.1B and $6.60-$7.00. Adjusted EBITDA is now estimated to be $4.25-4.80B. Investors were looking for a whisper guidance range ahead of the quarter but we think the new one may be worse than expected. We were modeling $9.76B and $6.15 for FY:16 so our 4Q:16 estimates appear too high relative to guidance and we note consensus estimates are even higher. With this announcement we think that credibility of the new management team has been impaired, and hopes of a quick business turnaround should be discarded. We will revisit our recommendation and PT after the call."
The firm maintained a Neutral rating and price target of $25 on VRX.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $19.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Sees 'Encouraging' Short-Term Set-Up in Valeant (VRX)
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts GCP Applied Technologies (GCP) at Buy
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesIrina Koffler
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!