Valeant (VRX) Legal Woes Will Continue to Weigh on Stock, Including Movement in Insider Trading Suit - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris weighed in on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX), saying they continue to believe the Street is underestimating the potential downside from Valeant's many faceted legal woes.
Maris recalls there is a suit from T. Rowe Price and a separate class action suit with TIAA-CREF as the lead plaintiff, as well as investigations from the SEC, Southern District Court of NY, and IRS, among others.
"We are watching them all and have a particular interest in the insider trading suit filed against Valeant and Pershing Square related to their failed joint takeover attempt of Allergan," he commented. "Recently (9/23) we saw some action in this case, with the plaintiffs winning what is considered to be a key motion."
The analyst maintained an Underperform rating and valuation range of $17-$22.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $24.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jim Chanos Negative Again on Valeant Pharma (VRX) in CNBC Interview
- Red Rock Resorts (RRR) Files 37.5M Share Common Stock Shelf for Selling Shareholder
- L-3 Communications (LLL) in Talks with Justice and SEC on Settlement Over Aerospace System Segment Accounting - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital, Wells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!