Valeant (VRX) Legal Woes Will Continue to Weigh on Stock, Including Movement in Insider Trading Suit - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris weighed in on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX), saying they continue to believe the Street is underestimating the potential downside from Valeant's many faceted legal woes.
Maris recalls there is a suit from T. Rowe Price and a separate class action suit with TIAA-CREF as the lead plaintiff, as well as investigations from the SEC, Southern District Court of NY, and IRS, among others.
"We are watching them all and have a particular interest in the insider trading suit filed against Valeant and Pershing Square related to their failed joint takeover attempt of Allergan," he commented. "Recently (9/23) we saw some action in this case, with the plaintiffs winning what is considered to be a key motion."
The analyst maintained an Underperform rating and valuation range of $17-$22.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $24.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Heat Biologics (HTBX) Files 3M Share Common Stock Shelf for Shareholders
- Aradigm Corp. (ARDM) Announces Mixed Results from Two Pulmaquin Phase 3s in non-CF BE; ORBIT-3 Missed Endpoints
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital, Wells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!