Valeant (VRX) Legal Woes Will Continue to Weigh on Stock, Including Movement in Insider Trading Suit - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris weighed in on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX), saying they continue to believe the Street is underestimating the potential downside from Valeant's many faceted legal woes.
Maris recalls there is a suit from T. Rowe Price and a separate class action suit with TIAA-CREF as the lead plaintiff, as well as investigations from the SEC, Southern District Court of NY, and IRS, among others.
"We are watching them all and have a particular interest in the insider trading suit filed against Valeant and Pershing Square related to their failed joint takeover attempt of Allergan," he commented. "Recently (9/23) we saw some action in this case, with the plaintiffs winning what is considered to be a key motion."
The analyst maintained an Underperform rating and valuation range of $17-$22.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $24.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital, Wells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!