Valeant (VRX) Derm Prescriptions Fell 1.5% W/W - RBC
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital offerd its weekly prescription tracker for Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) today. The firm rates Valeant at Sector Perform with a price target of $36.
Douglas Miehm noted the following:
- NRx Derm products down 1.5% WoW. For the week ending August 12th, new derm scripts (NRx) were down 1.5% vs. up 0.2% the prior week. NRx in the week were 50,246, down slightly from 50,992 the prior week. Derm TRx were down 1.3% WoW vs. up 0.2% the prior week. TRx were 71,963 vs. 72,876 the prior week. Exhibit 1 outlines derm script trends. We continue to closely watch derm TRx/NRx trends to assess whether the recently implemented co-pay increases (outlined in our Q2/16 Results note) have an impact on scripts that run through the Walgreens program.
- NRx Ophth products decreased 0.7% WoW. For the week ending August 12th, new ophth scripts (NRx) were down 0.7% WoW vs. down 1.0% the prior week. NRx were 42,487 vs. 42,783 the prior week. Ophth TRx were down 1.5% WoW to 56,129 TRx vs. down 0.1% the prior week. Symphony Health data shows ophth NRx down 0.3% WoW and TRx decreasing 1.3% WoW. Exhibit 2 outlines ophth script trends.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Valeant Pharma (VRX) Moves Off Lows on Bill Miller Comments
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Said 'Very Close' on One or More Asset Sales
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!