Valeant (VRX) Could Take a Large Write Down on Sprout - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris sees Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) taking a large impairment charge on the carrying value of Sprout.
The charge could be as much 90% of its value, or more, Maris said, and without the addback to adjusted earnings going forward, this write-off would be a $0.14 per share headwind to annual adjusted EPS in 2017E and beyond.
"We believe there may be other assets that face this same problem, compounding Valeant’s divestiture plans, as Valeant would lose not only the cash flow from the products, but the addback to adjusted EPS of potentially overstated intangible asset amortization," he added.
The firm maintained their Underperform rating and $17-$22 valuation range.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $26.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!