Valeant (VRX) Could Take a Large Write Down on Sprout - Wells Fargo's Maris
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris sees Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) taking a large impairment charge on the carrying value of Sprout.
The charge could be as much 90% of its value, or more, Maris said, and without the addback to adjusted earnings going forward, this write-off would be a $0.14 per share headwind to annual adjusted EPS in 2017E and beyond.
"We believe there may be other assets that face this same problem, compounding Valeant’s divestiture plans, as Valeant would lose not only the cash flow from the products, but the addback to adjusted EPS of potentially overstated intangible asset amortization," he added.
The firm maintained their Underperform rating and $17-$22 valuation range.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $26.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- RBC Capital Neutral on GE's (GE) Q3 Report, Outlook; Reaffirms at 'Outperform'
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!