Valeant (VRX) 3Q Earnings Preview: Underlying RX Trends Remain Weak - Wells Fargo
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris issued a Q3 preview of Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX), saying while the company should have some tailwinds for 3Q including price increases, cost cuts, and a now fixed Walgreens deal; however, Valeant's underlying U.S. prescription trends remain weak. He said the company's reliance on price could remain an overhang.
They believe key questions this quarter will be about litigation/investigations, debt refinancing, Xifaxan patent durability, and an update on the B&L Florida manufacturing site that recently received an FDA warning letter.
The firm has lowered estimates for Valeant’s GI franchise and as a result lowered 2017 EPS estimate from $7.72 to $7.56.
On reports Monday of potential accounting fraud, Maris said if true could result in significant financial penalties and potentially
higher borrowing costs. They currently have $2 billion in their DCF to cover potential settlements from class action suits and IRS, DOJ and other investigations.
The firm maintained an Underperform rating and $17-$22 valuation range.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $17.84 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Earnings, Wells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!