Vale S.A. PT Bumped to $9 at Jefferies Following Vale Day in New York
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst Christopher LaFemina reiterated a Hold rating but boosted his price target on Vale S.A. (NYSE: VALE) to $9.00 (from $7.50) following the company's Vale Day in NY.
LaFemina commented, "While there was not much new information at Vale Day in NY, the company has made great progress in cutting costs, lowering capex, and paying down debt. There is near-term risk to Vale shares as some speculative froth is coming out of the sector, and the share price upside may be limited over a 12-month horizon (hence our Hold rating). However, the longer term investment case is much more compelling if the company can meet its operational goals."
Shares of Vale S.A. closed at $8.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!