Vail Resorts (MTN): Whistler Acquisition Is Next EBITDA Stepup In '17 - Janney
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Janney Montgomery Scott analyst, Tyler Batory, reiterated his Buy rating on Vail Resorts (NYSE: MTN) after the company reported FY4Q16 revenue of $180M and an adjusted EBITDA loss of $46M. This compared to expectations for $171M and a loss of $46M. Management guided resort EBITDA ex-Whistler of $495M at the midpoint for FY17. This represents 9.4% growth YoY and was ahead expectations for $492M. Season pass sales were up 29%, as of 9/18/16, which is a positive.
The Whistler acquisition should close in November and add $105M of incremental resort EBITDA to FY17. This compares to the ~$90M of EBITDA reported by Whistler on a TTM basis as of June.
The analyst believes the stock is undervalued given the FCF outlook and opportunities for growth. The most important driver near-term should be the pending Whistler acquisition, which will expand the MTN guest database, contribute to more pass sales, and offer diversification from both a FX and weather perspective. MTN can also benefit from growth at Park City.
No change to the price target of $170.
Shares of Vail Resorts closed at $155.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mercury Computer (MRCY) PT Raised to $30 at Jefferies Following 2Q Report
- Vail Resorts (MTN): Putting Numbers Around Whistler - Janney
- UBS Reiterates Buy on Oracle (ORCL) Following Reports of Restructuring
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Related EntitiesJanney Montgomery Scott, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!