Vail Resorts (MTN): Whistler Acquisition Is Next EBITDA Stepup In '17 - Janney
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Janney Montgomery Scott analyst, Tyler Batory, reiterated his Buy rating on Vail Resorts (NYSE: MTN) after the company reported FY4Q16 revenue of $180M and an adjusted EBITDA loss of $46M. This compared to expectations for $171M and a loss of $46M. Management guided resort EBITDA ex-Whistler of $495M at the midpoint for FY17. This represents 9.4% growth YoY and was ahead expectations for $492M. Season pass sales were up 29%, as of 9/18/16, which is a positive.
The Whistler acquisition should close in November and add $105M of incremental resort EBITDA to FY17. This compares to the ~$90M of EBITDA reported by Whistler on a TTM basis as of June.
The analyst believes the stock is undervalued given the FCF outlook and opportunities for growth. The most important driver near-term should be the pending Whistler acquisition, which will expand the MTN guest database, contribute to more pass sales, and offer diversification from both a FX and weather perspective. MTN can also benefit from growth at Park City.
No change to the price target of $170.
Shares of Vail Resorts closed at $155.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vail Resorts (MTN) Misses Q1 EPS by 13c
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $42
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Related EntitiesJanney Montgomery Scott, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!