VMware (VMW): Raising PT After Non Deal Roadshow - Jefferies
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, John DiFucci, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of VMware (NYSE: VMW) after taking management (CEO Pat Gelsinger, CFO Zane Rowe, Lead Independent Board Member Paul Sagan, and VP IR Paul Ziots) on a non deal roadshow.
VMW had about $8.7B of cash at the end of June, about $7B of which is international. 2016 guidance implies another $900M in FCF in 2H. In addition, it has a $1.5B note payable to EMC.
The $1B Rev synergy with Dell was contemplated in current guidance for this year, but it will take time to realize, with much of it coming next year.
Management noted that morale is now good and improving, with attrition rates falling from the peak, which were at market rates, but are now below market, though not yet back to where they were. Employee stock grants at the turn of the year were at a much lower share price than the current level, which helps a lot.
The analyst believes management’s guidance for meaningful cash flow growth this year is attainable and he is increasing his estimates for out years to modestly above the growth of the economy until it moderates to that level into perpetuity. The estimate increase causes the PT to rise to $89 from $84.
Shares of VMware closed at $73.08 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!