Urban Outfitters (URBN): Nice Beat But After Hours Move Brings The Stock To Fair Value - Piper Jaffray
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Neely Tamminga, reiterated her Neutral rating on shares of Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ: URBN) after the company reported earnings. The analyst is encouraged by indications that URBN Inc. is performing well enough in a tough environment, but maintains a Neutral rating on the view that the stock will trade at fair value on the other side of FQ2 earnings.
FQ2 EPS of $0.66 came in well ahead of expectations ($0.55 by the street). Comparable store sales increased by 1% in the quarter with divisional performance, as follows: UO, +5%; Anthropologie, (3%); and Free People, flat. Gross margins expanded year-over-year by 180 bps reflecting improved merchandise margins primarily at UO and Anthropologie. Inventory levels remain lean following FQ1's (9.5%) y/y decline; FQ2 inventory levels were down (4%) y/y.
The analyst sees what appears to be stability in interest in apparel thus far this back-to-school/early fall selling season, indicative of interest in fashion and particularly denim-anchored looks.
The price target of $42.00 is up from $32.00
Shares of Urban Outfitters, Inc. closed at $31.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on VCA Antech (WOOF) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!