Urban Outfitters (URBN): Nice Beat But After Hours Move Brings The Stock To Fair Value - Piper Jaffray
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Neely Tamminga, reiterated her Neutral rating on shares of Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ: URBN) after the company reported earnings. The analyst is encouraged by indications that URBN Inc. is performing well enough in a tough environment, but maintains a Neutral rating on the view that the stock will trade at fair value on the other side of FQ2 earnings.
FQ2 EPS of $0.66 came in well ahead of expectations ($0.55 by the street). Comparable store sales increased by 1% in the quarter with divisional performance, as follows: UO, +5%; Anthropologie, (3%); and Free People, flat. Gross margins expanded year-over-year by 180 bps reflecting improved merchandise margins primarily at UO and Anthropologie. Inventory levels remain lean following FQ1's (9.5%) y/y decline; FQ2 inventory levels were down (4%) y/y.
The analyst sees what appears to be stability in interest in apparel thus far this back-to-school/early fall selling season, indicative of interest in fashion and particularly denim-anchored looks.
The price target of $42.00 is up from $32.00
Shares of Urban Outfitters, Inc. closed at $31.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!