UnitedHealth Group (UNH): Buy Ahead Of Analyst Day - Leerink
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst Aana Gupta, reiterated her Outperform rating on UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) ahead of the annual Investor Day on Nov. 29th.
The analyst expects 2017 EPS guidance to come in at a midpoint of at least $9.20, modestly above consensus of $9.14 and representing YoY EPS growth of 15%+. The company is in the sweet spot of execution, with the expectation of margin expansion in the Health Benefits business within Medicare Advantage from firm pricing and solid STAR ratings improvement, as well as modestly expanding margins in Commercial Employer group business, as pricing remains firm and UNH enjoys below peer utilization.
The analyst stated "the exit from Public Exchanges is expected to offer a meaningful tailwind of up to $600MM+ excluding the Premium Deficiency Reserve (PDR) booked in 2015. Membership growth remains strong across Group and Individual Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and we even expect modest gains in Commercial self and fully insured Employer business". No change to the PT of $185, based on a P/E of ~18x 2018E EPS of $10.31.
Shares of UnitedHealth Group closed at $152.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades CSX (CSX) to Outperform
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Rockwell Collins (COL) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!