United Natural Foods (UNFI): Valuation Gap With WFM Likely To Close Near Term - Piper Jaffray
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Sean Naughton, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of United Natural Foods (NASDAQ: UNFI) and cut estimates due to the recent acquisition and persistent deflation that has been outlined by retailers and food distributors. Sysco talked about deflation extending for the remainder of 2016 and the impact from deflation is lower gross profit dollars per case. The analyst believes UNFI will have the same issue, specifically in protein/perishable categories, where there is little trade spend to help support topline declines. Overall, he is maintaining his Neutral rating, and believes the valuation gap between UNFI and WFM will close in the near-term. The price target drops to $40 from $45.
Shares of United Natural Foods closed at $50.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Short Sales
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!