United Natural Foods (UNFI): Valuation Gap With WFM Likely To Close Near Term - Piper Jaffray
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Sean Naughton, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of United Natural Foods (NASDAQ: UNFI) and cut estimates due to the recent acquisition and persistent deflation that has been outlined by retailers and food distributors. Sysco talked about deflation extending for the remainder of 2016 and the impact from deflation is lower gross profit dollars per case. The analyst believes UNFI will have the same issue, specifically in protein/perishable categories, where there is little trade spend to help support topline declines. Overall, he is maintaining his Neutral rating, and believes the valuation gap between UNFI and WFM will close in the near-term. The price target drops to $40 from $45.
Shares of United Natural Foods closed at $50.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Short Sales
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!