UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Teekay LNG Partners (TGP) to Outperform
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 8:59 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo upgraded Teekay LNG Partners (NYSE: TGP) from Market Perform to Outperform. Analyst Michael Webber noted the stock's discount.
"We are upgrading TGP to Outperform from Market Perform, as we believe TGP’s value proposition is particularly compelling considering its discount to NAV (P/NAV of 0.65x) and recent progress around financing its orderbook," said Webber.
The analyst added, "We believe these factors, combined with the opening of the capital markets and modestly firming LNG industry (rates are now near $40k/day, up from $30k/day most of the year) helps set the stage for an eventual recovery at TGP (committed growth is expected to add roughly $250MM in annual CFVO in 2018-2020). In addition to the attractive valuation and gradually improving financing picture, we estimate distribution coverage ratios between 6.68x – 7.98x for TGP through 2017, with that surplus cash likely used to minimize the risk of a near-term equity need. There’s still a lot of financing work to do at TGP, but given its discount, we think it’s interesting here. Our valuation range implies a total return potential of 21%-35%."
Shares of Teekay LNG Partners closed at $14.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Buy
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Sell on Corning (GLW) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!