UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Akamai Technologies (AKAM) to Outperform
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 12, 2016 8:23 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo upgraded Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ: AKAM) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $59-$62 (from $51-$54). Analyst Gray Powell said he is more confident in the potential for revenue growth to reaccelerate.
"After analyzing past cycles in the CDN space and examining AKAM's top customer exposure, we are now more confident in the potential for revenue growth to reaccelerate in 2017," said the analyst. "In fact, we think street estimates which call for 10% yr./yr. growth in 2017 are achievable if not conservative. We also see potential for gross margins to improve. In addition, we are encouraged that AKAM's CEO continues to aggressively buy stock with personal funds at current levels. Lastly, AKAM's shares currently trade well below its historical average earnings multiple. With improving growth and margins, we see potential for multiple expansion. As a result, we are increasing our valuation range to $59 - $62/share from $51 - $54/share previously and upgrading AKAM to Outperform."
Shares of Akamai Technologies closed at $51.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $90
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!