UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Akamai Technologies (AKAM) to Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - August 12, 2016 8:23 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo upgraded Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ: AKAM) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $59-$62 (from $51-$54). Analyst Gray Powell said he is more confident in the potential for revenue growth to reaccelerate.
"After analyzing past cycles in the CDN space and examining AKAM's top customer exposure, we are now more confident in the potential for revenue growth to reaccelerate in 2017," said the analyst. "In fact, we think street estimates which call for 10% yr./yr. growth in 2017 are achievable if not conservative. We also see potential for gross margins to improve. In addition, we are encouraged that AKAM's CEO continues to aggressively buy stock with personal funds at current levels. Lastly, AKAM's shares currently trade well below its historical average earnings multiple. With improving growth and margins, we see potential for multiple expansion. As a result, we are increasing our valuation range to $59 - $62/share from $51 - $54/share previously and upgrading AKAM to Outperform."
Shares of Akamai Technologies closed at $51.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!