UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Akamai Technologies (AKAM) to Outperform
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 12, 2016 8:23 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo upgraded Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ: AKAM) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $59-$62 (from $51-$54). Analyst Gray Powell said he is more confident in the potential for revenue growth to reaccelerate.
"After analyzing past cycles in the CDN space and examining AKAM's top customer exposure, we are now more confident in the potential for revenue growth to reaccelerate in 2017," said the analyst. "In fact, we think street estimates which call for 10% yr./yr. growth in 2017 are achievable if not conservative. We also see potential for gross margins to improve. In addition, we are encouraged that AKAM's CEO continues to aggressively buy stock with personal funds at current levels. Lastly, AKAM's shares currently trade well below its historical average earnings multiple. With improving growth and margins, we see potential for multiple expansion. As a result, we are increasing our valuation range to $59 - $62/share from $51 - $54/share previously and upgrading AKAM to Outperform."
Shares of Akamai Technologies closed at $51.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Upgrades AK Steel (AKS) to Buy
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!