UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Seadrill Partners LLC (SDLP) to Underperform
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 9:31 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo downgraded Seadrill Partners LLC (NYSE: SDLP) from Market Perform to Underperform. Analyst Michael Webber highlighted cash concerns.
"We are downgrading SDLP to Underperform from Market Perform, as we believe continuing risks ranging from counterparty/rollover risks to credit/covenant/cross default risks make any case for residual value thesis for the equity difficult," said Webber.
The analyst added, "With Offshore fundamentals remaining weak, SDLP has continued to navigate through the difficult market as best it can, preserving liquidity (it cut distributions twice in the last 7 months) as it braced for a prolonged downturn in the Offshore drilling industry. While SDLP’s liquidity/leverage is in good shape for now, in our view – coverage 13.2x; leverage 2.9x, - a number of tangible risks to its cash flow (rollover risk, counterparty risk), combined with covenant requirements for Term Loan B makes an eventual covenant breach a likely scenario (late 17, early 18?), while the risk of cross default from SDRL also remains on the table (SDLP has 2 facilities – West Vela and West Polaris with cross defaults with the parent), in our view. While SDLP continues to build cash, we think there’s likely a long line of claims for that cash almost all of which is senior to common unit holders (or has GP control), with SDLP either eventually syphoned up to the parent, or caught in an eventual cash sweep for Term Loan B if/when covenants are breached."
Shares of Seadrill Partners LLC closed at $3.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on AXT, Inc. (AXTI) Following 3Q Beat and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!