UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Seadrill Partners LLC (SDLP) to Underperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 9:31 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo downgraded Seadrill Partners LLC (NYSE: SDLP) from Market Perform to Underperform. Analyst Michael Webber highlighted cash concerns.
"We are downgrading SDLP to Underperform from Market Perform, as we believe continuing risks ranging from counterparty/rollover risks to credit/covenant/cross default risks make any case for residual value thesis for the equity difficult," said Webber.
The analyst added, "With Offshore fundamentals remaining weak, SDLP has continued to navigate through the difficult market as best it can, preserving liquidity (it cut distributions twice in the last 7 months) as it braced for a prolonged downturn in the Offshore drilling industry. While SDLP’s liquidity/leverage is in good shape for now, in our view – coverage 13.2x; leverage 2.9x, - a number of tangible risks to its cash flow (rollover risk, counterparty risk), combined with covenant requirements for Term Loan B makes an eventual covenant breach a likely scenario (late 17, early 18?), while the risk of cross default from SDRL also remains on the table (SDLP has 2 facilities – West Vela and West Polaris with cross defaults with the parent), in our view. While SDLP continues to build cash, we think there’s likely a long line of claims for that cash almost all of which is senior to common unit holders (or has GP control), with SDLP either eventually syphoned up to the parent, or caught in an eventual cash sweep for Term Loan B if/when covenants are breached."
Shares of Seadrill Partners LLC closed at $3.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!