UPDATE: Wedbush Starts Discover Financial (DFS) at Neutral
- Futures up as oil prices top $55
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 11, 2016 7:38 AM EDT)
Wedbush initiated coverage on Discover Financial (NYSE: DFS) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $63.00.
Analyst Henry Coffey Jr. commented, "We are initiating coverage on Discover Financial Services (DFS) with a NEUTRAL rating and a $63 price target. DFS is a top-five card issuer and one of only two card companies with a self-branded card. The company is the third-largest student lender in the US and over the last 7.5 years, it has grown its personal or installment loan portfolio to $5.7 billion. Our rating and price target reflect the company’s long historical focus on its primary niche, the challenges tied to managing the current shift in consumer credit metrics from “great to good,” and this company’s valuation relative to its peers."
Shares of Discover Financial closed at $56.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- KLR Group Downgrades Continental Resources (CLR) to Hold
- Instinet Upgrades McDonald's (MCD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!